San Francisco View all jobs
About the RoleAs a Senior Quality Engineer, you will be working with Chariot's product, design, engineering and operations teams helping produce quality products and features that are essential for the tens of thousands of riders of Chariot each week.A typical week includes working with Product Managers and fellow Engineers to understand and clarify new feature requests that support Chariot's product experiences, and business goals. You will collaborate with fellow engineers to discover new ways of creating and executing tests. By providing guidance on testing methodologies, you will help keep the entire team accountable for the quality of work released. Finally, you will push new efficiencies, from promoting test coverage to creating new tools and evangelizing automation best practices.Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the design, product, engineering, and operations teams at Chariot to deeply understand the product and infrastructure of Chariot.
- Take a leadership role driving use cases for all of our users.
- Design and implement test strategies to best simulate Chariot experiences for our riders, and drivers.
- Automate tests using test frameworks, improve existing test framework.
- Write and maintain test automation software to verify Chariot's software before, during, and after the release process.
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality.
- Create test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications
- 4 or more years experience in testing consumer web sites and building functional automation tests
- 4 or more years Experience with automated test tools and frameworks
- 4 or more years Programming experience with Java or Python or other object oriented languages, exposed to build tools like Maven.
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks, preferably with Selenium WebDriver, Appium and HttpClient
- Knowledge QA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product
- Being comfortable working with a cross-functional team of developers and quality engineers to develop innovative automated testing solutions
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it without lots of management
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, performance tools, bash scripts and version control systems such as git are also a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
Founded in 2014 in San Francisco, Chariot is expanding quickly across the U.S., providing tens of thousands of rides per week. As a cornerstone of Ford's urban mobility strategy, Chariot is an independently-run company that has the resources to scale its concept worldwide.
Everyone lives in a city of their own. Chariot helps you get there, your way.
We partner with cities, each one unique. Together, we work to ease the pain points and plug gaps in public transit. Because we want to cut congestion, create real jobs, and bring a little humanity to the mayhem.
We’re Chariot. We’re here to create smart transit personalized for everyone.
Together, we’re working to change the way people experience their cities. We’re creating an entirely new way to ride—and we’ve gathered the most talented, diverse, and spirited people from all over the world to make it happen.
Unlimited rides on Chariots (enough said!).
Healthy (and a few not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks to keep you energized.
Generous discounts on eligible Ford vehicles.
Major opportunities to grow at a fast-growing company.
Chariot is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Chariot considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Chariot does not accept unsolicited resumes/CVs through this website or directly to employees from external recruiting agencies and will not pay fees to any agency without a prior signed agreement. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Austin Fair Chance Hiring Ordinance, Seattle Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act, Chariot will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.